Shreveport, Louisiana Climate & Temperature
- Shreveport, Louisiana, Usa is at 32°27'N, 93°50'W, 85 m (280 ft). See map.
- Shreveport, Louisiana has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Shreveport, Louisiana is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 18.4 degrees Celsius (65.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.9 °C (37.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 14.5°C (58.2°F) on average falling to 2.6°C (36.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 24.7°C (76.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12.2°C (54°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 33.3°C (91.9°F) and average low temperatures are 21.6°C (70.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25.5°C (78°F) during the day and lows of 12.9°C (55.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1171.2 mm (46.1 inches) which is equivalent to 1171.2 Litres/m² (28.73 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2995 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Shreveport, Louisiana you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Shreveport, Louisiana Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Shreveport, Louisiana Climate Graph in Metric Units
Shreveport, Louisiana Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Shreveport, Louisiana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: